Get Involved! Wildwood has lots of opportunities for volunteering and participation. You can arrange with your teacher and class parent to work in your child’s classroom; you can volunteer with the Library, Arts room, or other programs; join the “School Governance Council”, and of course, all the programming organized by the “Parent Guardian Organization” (PGO — that’s us). We are always looking for people to work on the many fun activities the PGO puts on. And last but not least — hard to commit to something ongoing or big? The PGO has a fabulous “Hour Power” program that lets us post short, quick tasks, so you can contribute when something comes up that fits.
(More information about volunteering is on the regional district’s page here. That page explains that all volunteers need to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) form prior to service.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have brilliant ideas or want to join in on any of the activities below.
Ways to Contribute to Wildwood
- Submit a Volunteer Form – print it off, fill it out and drop it in the PGO mailbox on the wall in the office.
- Join the Hour Power mailing list, for emails about quick tasks as they come up.
- Become a Class Parent.
- Volunteer at the Library or with the Arts program.
- Volunteer for one of the PGO-sponsored events: Welcome coffees in the Fall, the MultiCultural Fair in the Spring, staff appreciation events at the end of the School Year, or any of the other great events.
- Come up with a fun idea/project/club for your kid’s class, grade, or the school! (email@example.com)
- Join the PGO Core Leadership Committee and work on planning.
- Pick up something from the Teacher & Staff Wishlist.
- Join the “School Governance Council”. Contact Nick Yaffe to volunteer.
- Join the PGO Communications Team in getting the word out.