PGO Core Leadership Positions Needed for 2020-2021 School Year
No experience is required for any of these positions. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in serving any of these positions.
Volunteer Outreach Coordinator- NEEDED
- attend PGO core monthly meetings.
- create, distribute, and collect a recruiting flyer at the beginning of the school year
- maintain a database of volunteers throughout the school year, which includes contacting the librarians and art teacher to get a list of regular volunteers. (NOTE: often people reach out to the librarians or the art teacher directly)
- contact and recruit volunteers, as needed, for tasks based on preference.
- should be comfortable contacting people by email, phone or text (according to their preferences)
- Create and manage a committee to help if needed.
- Attend monthly leadership meetings
- Strategize with principal about how to make communication stronger throughout school.
- Work with principal to make communication from the office more consistent (e.g. hly newsletter)
- Work with Blog Coordinator to get information to parents.
- Lead the communication side of important events and fundraisers – work with Nick/Core PGO/other relevant wildwood community members on flyers, email text, communication plan (e.g., what, when, and how frequently). Pass on final information to the blogger/communication team to execute.
- Work closely with the treasurer/fundraising team to cultivate advertising relationships with local businesses/organizations, and ensure we are posting their content on our blog/newsletter
- Develop ideas for blog/newsletter content from recaps of events, overviews of mini-grant projects, etc. Delegate the write ups, edit, and send final versions to the blogger/communication team to execute.
- Determine what social media platform(s) – if any – we should be using and how we should keep them up
- Help the blogger/communication team understand the “rules” of the blog (and social media) and be point person when a question comes up about whether something is appropriate to post
Other PGO Roles Needed:
Class Parent Coordinator –NEEDED
- Create a system to connect core PGO with class parents
- Recruit and assign class parents for each classroom
- Make initial connection between class parent and teacher
- Inform class parents of resources for teachers
- Email class parents regularly regarding events, fundraising, teacher gifts
- Assist class parents in finding volunteers for events
- Assist in coordinating grade potlucks
- Pass along information from core PGO to class parents
Real World Experiences Coordinator–NEEDED:
- Create a system for connecting teachers to community organizations and parent volunteers to bring real-world experiences that are connected to curriculum.
- Possibly develop a committee for helping with this work.
- Update old content
- Maintain broken links
- Add new content from semi-regular newsletter / store information on past events and mini grants that we can use to talk up the PGO to new wildwood community members
Blog Content Providers-NEEDED
- Write blurbs for the blog / newsletter/social media as directed to by the communications chair
The following are a list of the other positions on the core leadership that are currently filled for the 2020-21 School Year:
Works with the WW principal and office to determine date and times for upcoming school and PGO events.
- Sets agenda for and attends/leads “Core” PGO leadership meetings (these meetings often address issues that come up throughout the year).
- Attends district meetings a few times a year with other schools’ PGOs and Superintendent. Works with other PGOs on district-wide initiatives.
- Works with core leadership, especially Volunteer Coordinator, to make sure upcoming events are on the radar and are delegated to event volunteer coordinators.
- Works as liaison to the office and the parent community to make sure there is clear communication.
- Creates vision for the PGO and works with other Core leadership to implement vision.
- Commits to serving for 1.5-2 years–stagger so there is always one chair left to train another co-chair.
- Time Commitment: 4-8 hours a month.
- Takes minutes at all PGO meetings – Core (monthly) and School-wide (~4/year)
- Sends minutes out via email for approval.
- Posts minutes on PGO website.
- Time Commitment: 2-4 hours/month
- Maintains budget using Quickbooks
- Tracks expenditures and income
- Manages teacher minigrant and discretionary fund distribution
- Works with main office on expenses and principal discretionary fund
- Processes reimbursement for PGO expenses via bank and PGO checks
- Attends PGO Leadership Meetings monthly
- Time commitment – 3-5 hours a month
Fundraising Coordinator: FILLED
- Advertises and maintains passive fundraising (Stop and Shop, Atkins, AmazonSmile, Boxtops, Baystate Textiles).
- Coordinates, or manages volunteers to coordinate, two major online and brown envelope fundraisers – Valley Gives (December) and Wildwood Gives (May).
- Helps brainstorm new streams of revenue.
- Time Commitment: In general 2-4 hours/ month; more during Dec. and May.
Blogger /Communication Team–FILLED
We could use someone who could “intern” this year with this team to take it on next year
- Oversees the wildwoodpgo email inbox and forwards/acts on emails as appropriate ( this may be a role the chair wants to take on/share)
- Posts email blasts when directed by the communications chair / Core PGO team
- Posts weekly blog based on content from the communications chair, advertiser events and appropriate free community events that come through OR posts semi-regular email blast newsletters based on content provided by the communications chair
- Post to social media based on based on content from the communications chair, advertiser events and appropriate free community events that come through