Who We Are
The Wildwood Parent Guardian Organization is comprised of volunteers who donate their time and talent to enrich the school. Our mission is to support community building, enrichment and equity for all children at Wildwood Elementary School. To fulfill that mission we strive to support teachers and staff so that they in turn can provide the best elementary school experience for all students.
The Leadership Committee
The Leadership Committee works closely together throughout the year to keep the organization running smoothly. Please feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com with questions or comments. We welcome your input and your involvement.
For 2017-2018 we are:
- Co-Chairs: Kerry Crosby and Sheilah Jones
- Secretary: Lisa Berry
- Treasurer: Toni Cunningham
- Volunteer/Hour Power Coordinator: Becky Miller
- Fundraising Coordinator: Irene Dujovne
In addition to the Leadership Committee, the following people play very important roles in the PGO:
- Blog/Facebook: Anita Rao
- Class Parent Coordinator: Becky Gahan
- Teacher Wishlist: Lisa Berry
- Directory: Susan Wells and Jenny Haugsjaahabink
- Yearbook: Susan Wells and Jenny Haugsjaahabink
- Box Top Coordinator: Michelle Borkhuis
- PGO-SGC Liaison: Kerry Crosby
We have established coordinator positions to help classrooms run more smoothly:
- Becky Miller is Hour Power Coordinator. At the core of our ability to do what we do is the of more than 200 parents who volunteer when their schedules allow. Please consider joining the Hour Power List.
- Becky Gahan is the 2017 Class Parent Coordinator. Please contact Becky or us if you are interested in becoming a class parent, or with any questions about your role as one.
Vacant Positions: Website maintenance, Multicultural Fair Coordinator.
PGO Positions: In early 2016, we created a list of positions on this document.
PGO Tasks & Events: In early 2016, we created a list of events & tasks on this document
PGO Email Lists:
As of September 2017, there is one email groups for PGO related emails. It is
- Core PGO mailing list
As of 9/1/2017, delivers to these people: Becky Miller, Kerry Crosby, Sheilah Jones, Toni Cunningham, Lisa Berry, Irene Dujovne
What We Do
The Wildwood PGO plans and executes fundraising events throughout the school year, in addition to “passive fundraising” ways of generating money for the school, and then gives back to the school in the form of grants for teachers, funding for field trips, and bridges for budget gaps. The PGO also organizes community building events, such as The Multi-Cultural Fair in the spring, the staff appreciation luncheon and visiting artists hosting.
How You Can Contribute
- You can find are a few ways to help us earn for Wildwood with passive fundraisers (at no cost to you) at this page
- Please visit the Wildwood PGO Store, where you can submit your orders for yearbooks and T-shirts and purchase the all-time favorite Amherstopoly game!
- Donations are always welcome! You can donate online through this link.
How to Contact Us
You can contact a coordinator via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org