Who We Are
Every parent or guardian of a Wildwood student is a member of the Wildwood Parent Guardian Organization (PGO). Parent/guardian volunteers donate their time and talent in numerous ways with the shared goal to enrich the school. Our mission is to support community building, curriculum enrichment and equity for all children at Wildwood Elementary School. To fulfill that mission we strive to support teachers and staff so that they in turn can provide the best elementary school experience for all students.
The Leadership Committee
The PGO Leadership Committee, also known as the PGO Core, works closely together throughout the year to keep the organization running smoothly. Please feel free to reach out at any time at email@example.com with questions or comments. We welcome your input and your involvement, at whatever level is comfortable for you. The more families that get involved, the better our school will be.
For 2018-2019, the Leadership Committee is comprised of the following parents:
- Co-Chairs: Kerry Crosby and Sheilah Jones
- Secretary: Lisa Berry
- Treasurer: Toni Cunningham
- Volunteer/Hour Power Coordinator: Becky Miller
- Fundraising Coordinator: Irene Dujovne
In addition to the Leadership Committee, the following people play very helpful roles:
- Blog/Facebook: Anita Rao & Laura Draucker-Smith
- Class Parent Coordinator: Tyffannie Fluitt
- Teacher Wishlist: Lisa Berry
- Directory: Susan Wells and Jenny Haugsjaahabink
- Yearbook: Susan Wells and Jenny Haugsjaahabink
- Box Top Coordinator: Michelle Borkhuis
- PGO-SGC Liaison: Peter Vamosy
- Multicultural Fair Coordinator: Becky Miller
We have established coordinator positions to help classrooms run more smoothly:
- Becky Miller is Hour Power Coordinator. At the core of our ability to do what we do is the of more than 200 parents who volunteer when their schedules allow. Please consider joining the Hour Power List. Email volume is low.
- Tyffannie Fluitt is the 2018/2019 Class Parent Coordinator. Please contact Tyffannie or us if you are interested in becoming a class parent, or with any questions about your role as one.
Vacant Positions: Website maintenance.
PGO Positions: In early 2016, we created a list of positions on this document.
PGO Tasks & Events: In early 2016, we created a list of events & tasks on this document
What We Do
The Wildwood PGO plans and executes fundraising events throughout the school year, in addition to “passive fundraising” ways of generating money for the school, and then gives back to the school in the form of grants for teachers, funding for field trips, visiting artists, donating to Principal Nick’s discretionary fund, and reimbursing teachers for supplies they buy for their classrooms. The PGO also organizes community building events, such as the Multi-Cultural Fair in the spring, Science Night, Welcome coffees, and staff appreciation events. In June 2018, the PGO paraded the first annual “Woot Woot Wagon” through the school, filled with classroom supplies and treats for teachers and staff. It was so much fun to see the joy on the faces of the staff. Remember to thank a teacher or staff member next time you are in the school. 🙂
How You Can Contribute
- You can find are a few ways to help us earn for Wildwood with passive fundraisers (at no cost to you) at this page
- Donations are always welcome! You can donate online through this link.
How to Contact Us
You can contact a coordinator via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org