The Amherst Survival Center holds a Job Search Assistance Program on Thursdays from 11:30 am -1:00 pm. No appointment is needed. Spanish speaking staff are available.
As part of the Jobs Program the Survival Center will be hosting a Jobs Fair on Wednesday, October 25 between 1 pm and 2:30 pm at the Center. The fair will feature 13 local employers who are actively hiring.
The Amherst Survival Center is located at 138 Sunderland Road, North Amherst on the #33 Bus Route. For further informaton, contact Tracey Levy at 549-3968 ext. 102
The Job Search Assistance Program offers the following:
- Weekly One-On-One Assistance: Are you a job seeker? We can help you with
your job search, your resume, review interview skills, complete job applications, find apprenticeships and other support you may need to get a job.
- Job Fairs and Recruitment Events: Come and meet local employers who are hiring! We host events that give you a chance to meet different employers or offer you a time to meet with a placement agency for positions in various industries.
- Youth Job Panel: Are you a teenager looking to work in the summer? We host a panel discussion every spring to help teens with their summer job search, and give tips on how to find a job in the area.
- Public Computers and Technology: Come and use the Center’s computers, copy machine, and fax to help your job search.
- Group Workshops: We run group workshops to help with resume writing, networking, interviewing, social media, navigating the online application process, and following-up after an interview.
- Interview and Work Clothing: Everyone is always welcome to shop in the Center’s Community Store, which includes clothes, linens and household items. Interview, work clothing and shoes are often available. Everything in the Store is free.