The 2017-2018 School Calendar has been approved by the School Committee, key information:
– School will start on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 for students in grades 1-12.
– Preschool and Kindergarten start on Tuesday, September 5.
– There will be no school on the day before Thanksgiving.
– Winter break will begin with an early release day on Friday, December 22. School will reopen on Tuesday, January 2.
– The projected last day of school, including five snow days, is June 21, 2018. One weekday is deducted for each snow day not used, with the earliest possible last day of school being June 14, 2017.
Please note that schools are required to provide 180 days of instruction. While the five snow days built into the calendar are typically adequate to cover closures, any days schools must be closed beyond that must be made-up per Massachusetts Department of Education regulations. Whenever possible, such days are added to the end of the school year.
To view the calendar, visit: www.arps.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_926729/File/2017-2018%20Approved%20Calendar.pdf