What does PGO money fund?
- “Nick’s Fund” – $4,000 earmarked for use at Nick’s discretion, to support teachers and kids. $1,744 spent so far.
- Staff Stipends – $50 to each teacher in October.
- Staff Mini-Grants – $250 to para-educator to coach for 5th & 6th Grade chorus concert. $750 remaining for other applicants.
- Visiting Artists – $700 allocated for author to work with K-2
- Art Supplies – $500 to art teacher for clay and other supplies
- Community Building Events – $492 on food/drinks for New Family Welcome, staff breakfast, kindergarten coffee & PGO meetings
- Staff Appreciation – $194 spent so far
- Movie Night – Cost $118
- Community Needs – $100 for families in need on Thanksgiving
- Childcare at Meetings – $76 so far
PGO Budget—Latest news
- Giving Tuesday/Brown Envelope Fundraiser was hugely successful! Brown Envelope raised $2,989, online giving was $1,377. More than twice our goal. Thank You to all our generous donors!
- School Photos raised $1,847
- Core team met with Principal Nick & Joyce Gooden to discuss Budget:
- Reduced projected shortfall to an acceptable $5665
- PGO has agreed to grant Susan Wells $700 for a Visiting Author to work with K-2. Grades 3-6 had Molly Burnham come last week, paid for by a grant secured by Susan.
- $750 still available for teacher Mini-Grants. PGO will invite applications shortly.
- 6th grade team to consider fundraising for CT Science Center field trip. Trip cost will be on sign-up form so parents can give >$15, if desired. PGO will cover the balance.
- All field trip contributions will go to Joyce and not the PGO per District guidelines.
- Joyce secured funds for Black History Month events so will not need PGO money.
- PGO will make a significant contribution to the “Wildwood Principal’s Gift Fund” in lieu of earmarking a portion of the PGO money for Nick’s use.
Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities
- New Family Welcome Packet – Printing/compiling folders
- Black History Month (Feb) – help with organization
- Math Night (3/23) – assist Elizabeth Pretel with organization
- Literacy Night (TBA) – work with literacy specialists to organize
- Valley Gives Day/Brown Envelope (5/3) – advance publicity for “Valley Gives” Brown Envelope/Online giving event in the spring
- Multicultural Fair (5/18) – Co-organizer and many helpers
Class Parents Network
- Building Community within the Classroom/Grade
- Creating a Volunteer Network
- Break into two groups and Brainstorm