International Walk to School Day will be held on Tuesday Oct 18th. Walk to School is a terrific Wildwood tradition promoting physical activity, pedestrian safety and concern for the environment. As in years past, we hope to have 100 or more students and parents walking to Wildwood accompanied by UMass athletes and, for the first time this year, real live scientists.
- Tuesday, Oct 18th
- Assemble by 7:50 at Bertucci’s (51 East Pleasant St.)
- Leave for Wildwood promptly at 8:00.
We are looking for volunteers to help with a number of activities listed below. If you are willing to help out in any of these capacities, please email Jen Mendelsohn at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will send you the details.
- 1 volunteer – Drop off a small cluster of mylar balloons at Bertucci’s at 7:30
- 2 volunteers – Register and organize walkers at Bertucci’s starting at 7:40
- 4 volunteers – Set up a table at Wildwood and hand prizes to students
- 4 volunteers – Be at Bertucci’s to help with general crowd control
- Many volunteers – Walk with students to Wildwood