Hello Amherst Soccer Families!
I just want to welcome everyone to our Fall 2015 season! Most of you have already read this information, but please take a moment to refresh yourself and see a couple of important reminders!
For families who will be at Fort River, please make sure you park in a parking space, in one of the parking lots!! DO NOT park or stop along the driveway/road. We do not want children getting in and out of vehicles along the driveway/road. Please WALK your child to and from their session and make sure you are right with them while around the cars.
Please read this entire email for ALL of the very important information you will need for this season!!!
Our Rec groups are:
- Little Kickers- This is a group for preschool age children, usually 2-4. This is an introduction to soccer and just getting comfortable on the field and with the ball. The kids learn a lot of soccer skills by the end of the season and have a lot of fun with many other kids their ages. This is a coed group. There are two sessions for this group. Each with a max of 30 kids per session. They play at Fort River Elementary School on Saturdays from 12-12:45 and 12:45-1:30
- Kindergarten- Most children in the program are 5 and currently in Kindergarten. This is a coed group. There are two sessions for this group. Each session is maxed out at 32 kids each. They play at Fort River Elementary School on Saturdays from 1:30-2:30 and 2:30-3:30
- 1st grade- Typically 5-7 year olds who are currently in he 1st grade. This is a coed group. They play at Fort River Elementary School on Saturdays from 3:30-4:45
- 2nd-3rd grade Girls- This is a group for girls only who are currently in the 2nd and 3rd grade. They play on Saturdays at Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lane from 9-10:30
- 2nd-3rd grade Coed- This is a group for all 2nd and 3rd grade girls and boys. They play Saturdays at Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lane from 9-10:30
- 4th-5th grade Girls- This is a group for girls only who are currently in 4th and 5th grades. They play Saturdays at Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lane from 10:30-12
- 4th-5th grade Coed- This is a group for all 4th adn 5th grade girls and boys. They play Saturdays at Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lane from 10:30-12
- 6th-8th grade Girls- This is a group for girls only who are in grades 6th-8th. They play Saturdays at Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lanefrom 4:15-5:45
- 6th-8th grade Coed- This is a group for all 6th-8th grade girlds and boys. They play Saturdays on Plumbrook Soccer Fields on Potwine Lanefrom 4:15-5:45
What will your child need for soccer? For all age groups, please read this to see what you will need to bring. Please remember to have ALL of your items at every single session. Your coach will not have extras for your child and you wlll need these items in order to participate. REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN’S NAME ON ALL OF YOUR GEAR!!! Your child will receive a team shirt on the first day.
We are really excited to announce that Amherst Youth Soccer has now partnered with Chris Monteiro as our new Director of Coaching. Many of you got to know him at the end of our Spring season. Our coaches will be working closely with Chris to provide solid soccer coaching for all ages. We are encouraging parents to signup to coach with us this season. You will learn everything you need to know to coach your child’s group from Chris. It helps to have two parents on a team coaching, so try partnering up with a friend. As in the past, we really can’t field the teams without coaches and if we don’t end up with enough coaches, we may have to cut some teams. We can’t do this without your help!! We will be hosting a coaches meeting prior t the start of the season. More information will be sent out shortly about this.
The session dates are:
- September 12th
- September 19th
- September 26th
- October 3rd
- October 10th
- October 17th
- October 24th
- October 31st
- November 7th
- November 8th is a make-up day if needed- We will let you know if we will use this day.
Other important information:
- As far as practices go, this is up to the coach. For Rec, we do not require any practices outside of your scheduled time.
- Team snacks- Also something we do not require. If your team does want to do a team snack each week, we request the following: they are healthy snacks, like orange slices, cut up watermelon or apples. Water, not juice or soda. Any trash remaining, is the responsibility of the team. Do not leave any trash behind.
- No dogs are allowed on school grounds at all, so no dogs at Fort River. Dogs are allowed at Plumbrook only if they are leashed and kept at least 3 yards away from the fields. You MUST clean up after your dog. You MUST be in control of your dog at all times.
- Please do not leave any trash behind at the fields. Take out what you take in.
- We are guests at these facilities, please behave respectfully.
- We do offer refunds. The refund will be issued in the form of a credit in our system. Any refund requests MUST be made prior to the start of the second session of the season, This season, that date is September 18th. Any requests made after that, will not be given. Refund amounts are the registration fees you pay, minus any registration based fees we have already paid for you. The amount we have to withhold, increases after the start of the season.
- We do offer reduced fees for those who receive free or reduced lunch. Any registrations received at these rates MUST send in proof of having these school reduced fees prior to the season start date. This season, we must have this documentation by September 8th.
- All registration fees MUST be received prior to the start of the season. This season, that date is September 11th. We can not and will not, allow any child on the field without having received cleared payment. This is an insusrance issue and this is for your, your child’s coach and our protection. Please do not ask for anyone to change this policy for you. We simply can not allow it.
- We allow a mutual friend request. The request must be made before August 24th. There are no school based teams. We do not honor coach requests. It is best to include this request in your registration, otherwise it may end up lost.
- The only reasons we will honor any team requests is if you’re coaching and your child was assigned to a different team or you have a girl who requested a girls only team but ended up on coed. Please do not ask for any other reasons.
- Late fees will begin August 28th. Please register prior to that date in order to avoid the late fee. The late fee is not subject to any discounts.
Important contact information:
- Moe Mooney- She is the first person you should email if you have a concern, comment or question. You can reach her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Moneitro- Coaches should address any questions or concerns about their team or coaching to Chris. You can reach him at: email@example.com
- Keith Payne- Our Rec Director. He can be reached at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yanris Fernandez- Treasurer, AYSA. You can email her if you have questions about your registration fees or refunds at email@example.com
- Meg Rosa- President, AYSA. Please send emails to Moe first and if needed, she will forward them on to me.
Thank you very much for participating in Amherst Youth Soccer! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Amherst Youth Soccer Association, 3 Carriage Lane, Amherst, MA, 01002
http://www.amherstsoccer.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, x
SportsManager site: www.sportsmanager.us/AmherstYouthSoccer.htm
To register on-line: www.sportsmanager.us/PublicLinks/OnlineRegistration.asp?Org=571
Parent Login for updating information: www.sportsmanager.us/PublicLinks/ParentLogin.asp?Org=571
This is not a school-sponsored event.