The Amherst Public Shade Tree Committee is sponsoring a poster contest! All 5th grade students at Crocker Farm, Fort River, Pelham & Wildwood Elementary Schools are invited to participate.
This year’s contest theme is: Trees are Terrific and Good for Our Health
One (1) winning poster from each school will be chosen and submitted to the 2014 Massachusetts Arbor Day Poster Contest in collaboration with the DCR’s Urban and Community Forestry.
Poster contest rules:
- The words Trees are Terrific and Good for Our Health must be legibly written and spelled correctly on the poster.
- Entries must be original artwork.
- Student’s first and last name must be clearly written on the bottom right hand corner of the poster.
- Poster size: No smaller than 8 ½” x 11” and no larger than 14” x 18” on paper that allows for duplication, display and framing.
- Entries can be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, color pencil, tempura.
- Collages, computer/photo-generated art or printing are not acceptable.
- The contest deadline is March 28.
All submissions should be placed in boxes located in the main office of each elementary school. Amherst Public Shade Tree Committee members will collect them on March 28.
All posters created by 5th grade students will be displayed at the Amherst Sustainability Festival on the Amherst Town Common (Saturday, April 26).
All questions pertaining to the contest should be directed to Melissa Perot 413-549-3502 or Nonny Burack 413-549-0893.
This contest is not a school-sponsored event.